Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Allons au marché!

Today there was a farmer's market in Bourg-St.-Andeol, so I went down there hoping someone would have a few of the staples from my former diet of Mexican cuisine. 



I have never been so excited to see an avocado,



not to mention red and green bell peppers.




Despite the fact that French grapes always have seeds, I was convinced to buy some after being offered one to taste by the marchand. These grapes were sweet enough to make up for the seeds.  


I snapped two quick pictures of one part of the market, but they don't quite do it justice. 


There were many more stalls up and down the surrounding streets, but I'm too chicken to have my camera out for very long. I need to work on that.

I didn't see any pumpkins at the market, but I've been getting in the Halloween spirit via my pinterest. 




No comments:

Post a Comment