Thursday, January 15, 2009

Peter Pan and Wendy

I finished reading Peter Pan & Wendy the other day. I didn't care for the introductory notes. They were really negative and kind of hard on J.M. Barrie in my opinion. Even though the narrator voice can be pretentious at times, I still thought the whole book had a fun whimsical feeling, even though Peter's characterization is a little more disturbing than what one finds in the Disney version.

I really like learning more about Mrs. Darling and seeing how the drafts of the stories and the play have been adapted over time into Disney's Peter Pan and Hook. Now I'm finishing up the second part with Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens and I love two quotes in particular.

"There is almost nothing that has such a keen sense of fun as a fallen leaf."
&
"The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply that they have perfect faith,
for to have faith is to have wings."

No comments:

Post a Comment