Saturday, October 18, 2008

Nice to meet you, etsy.com

I have been introduced to a magical website called etsy. It's been a long few weeks of school what with midterms and papers, so I have spent my entire day not doing schoolwork. I went to work, went shopping, and developed photos from two mysterious one-use 35 mm cameras that I found in a junk drawer (will scan). Then, I put the word "french" into the etsy search and found the following beautiful, whimsical items.

A violin... need I say more?
L'elephant dit: Bonjour! Trop mignon!

Earrings!!

Ooooh.

This reminded me of those books that my mom used to get me and Mindy - the ones with the little neclaces on the inside of the front cover.

Lotus flower earrings... lotus-eaters? eh.
Apparently, according to my mother, this is a common phrase. Much like my experience with "glutton for punishment," I've never heard it before:
"I love you more than yesterday and less than tomorrow."
So sweet.

The inside of this pendant contains something written in French about vampires - Twilight anyone? I am so excited for the movie. :)

Awww, birdies.
This one is just plain cool. From where the compass is pointing and around clockwise: I love you, a little, a lot, passionately, or not at all.

Mmmm, breakfast bowl for delicious

cereal and milk!
This pendant has real dried flowers inside. It made me think of when my sister and I would try to dry flowers in the back of massive books from the family room bookcase only to forget that the flowers were still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment