Friday, August 19, 2011

Katrina, la voyageuse

With the start of my new adventures in France next month, I've decided to start a new blog with a more fitting title. My last blog's name came from one of my favorite show tunes from The King and I ("Hello, Young Lovers"), but other than demonstrating my love for old movies, the url whoeveryouare-katie.blogspot.com didn't do much to actually describe the content of the blog.


So, I present to you katrina-lavoyageuse.blogspot.com. Originally I had created a new blog called "Katrina dans les Alpes," but seeing as how the school I'll be working at did not end up to be anywhere near the French Alps, a few changes were necessary.

For now I will be a long-term substitute until my late-September departure to the tiny town of Bourg-St.-Andeol, a place whose Wikipedia page boasts a single picture of the train station, a 2008 population of 7,324 people, and a national institute of clownery art (aka a clown college). If I happen to see any clowns wandering the streets, I will be sure to let you know.

With just over five weeks left in the US, here's hoping that the days don't pass too slowly or too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment