Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Cry for Help

Does still having my Christmas tree up make me a terrible person?

I had every intention of taking my tree down several weeks ago, but Target was already out of ornament boxes and now everywhere else is probably out too.

Is there any hope of finding a box to store ornaments or will they be in some warehouse-of no-return until next November?

In my defense, life has been a little too crazy for messing with Christmas decor. I started teaching English full time this semester at a high school. I feel so ridiculously lucky to have gotten a job right out of college, but I feel bad about the circumstances surrounding this blessing. To make a long story short, another teacher needed to resign for personal reasons and I happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Taking over classes mid-year has been a challenge, but things are really starting to come along. I'm wrapping up The Odyssey with my freshmen and gearing up to start The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (one of my favorites) with my juniors. It should be a great year.

In other news, here is another silly putty creation for your amusement. Frosty the SillyPutty Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment